The scope of the Strategic Programme on Production covers Radio, TV and other media services. It comprises the evolution of production systems and the undelrying media formats (audio, video and metadata).
The main objectives are to ensure efficiency, continuity and quality in using state-of-the art production tools for the creation of (immersive) media services.
- Enable the transition to UHDTV, including High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Study further video improvements, such as High Frame Rate (HFR)
- Enable the transition to Next Generation Audio (NGA)
- Ensure and improve the end-user Quality of Experience
- Represent EBU members' needs in the evolution of production systems (e.g. news, archives)
- Work towards universal production workflows for metadata
- Progress automatic metadata extraction and workflow automation
- Leverage Artifical Intelligence (AI) to support content production (e.g. NLP, face recognition)
- Study multi-versioning for live and non-live productions
- Improve the accessibility of media services
The detailed list of deliverables of this Strategic Programme will be planned in summer 2019, with the start of the 2019-2021 workplan.
Note that for several existing groups that form part of this Programme, the deliverables (from the 2017-2019 workplan) are listed on the groups' pages.
- AI in Media Production
- Audio Systems
- Media Cloud & Microservices
- Metadata & AI
- Metadata Models
- PLoud (Loudness)
- Quality Control
- Timed Text
- Video Systems