- Accessibility Technologies (t.b.c.)
- Audio Systems and workflows
- Immersive Media
- Metadata & Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Quallity Control (QC)
- Sustainability for PSM
- Video Systems & Workflows
- AI Benchmarking
Open source software to allow for a more objective performance comparison of AI facial recognition, speech-to-text, and Generative AI systems.
A tool for the detection of fake news as well as other applications such as author identification.
A cloud-agnostic microservice framework for media and works towards the standardization of key aspects to facilitate the creation of bespoke workflows by users.
- AI and Data Initiative (AIDI) – a cross-disciplinary strategic EBU initiative
- PMSE - use of wireless connectivity for production, including 5G
The goals for this Strategic Programme are defined in the EBU Technical Commmitee (TC) Strategy Roadmap (June 2023 - June 2025) and can be summarized as follows:
- Assist Members in developing and using efficient production workflows.
- Ensure and improve the end-user Quality of Experience.
- Provide a common Quality Control language and a database of QC terms, templates and initiate a developers' area.
- Track the evolution of media creation technologies and the production ecosystem
- Enable Members to make the right investment and transformation decisions for their:
- Provide guidance, best practices and hands-on workshops for Members on:
- Investigate the benefits for Members regarding:
- multi-cloud environments and microservice frameworks for media
- the evolution and impact of Metaverse/Multiverse technologies, NFTs, and Web3
- object-based media, including for accessibility
- Trend-scout and perform studies to build Member knowledge regarding:
- developments in volumetric production and spatial media
- improved accessibility through ‘Seeing, Hearing, Participating and Understanding’ personalized services, including. a focus on moving from linear to non-linear services
- sustainability matters, including policies and organizational strategies, but in particular the impact of production and technology choices
- Trend-scout, create and share knowledge on the topics of data, AI/ML, and computing architectures
- Leverage AI to support all aspects of content production, including the areas of:
- fake news detection, including relevant product development
- serverless cloud workflows
- generative AI in media production (in liaison with other groups)
- Development of:
- An AI benchmarking framework for facial recognition
- EBU metadata standards: EBU Core, EBU CCDM
- cloud-hosted metadata exchange platform for archives