Group that addresses subjective & objective evaluations of production codecs, gathers test sequences, investigates AI-empowered algorithms and tests SD -> HD / HD -> UHD upsampling.
Currently the following deliverables are planned (green indicates the deliverable has already been delivered). Note that deliverables are dependent on enough participation in the work and that the planning is subject to change. New deliverables are added regularly.
- New video test sets creation (Q2 2022)
- Real-time, Mezzanine Codecs Tests (Q2 2022)
- Production Codecs implementation tests (Q2 2022)
- Upressing algorithms benchmarking (Q2 2022)
- Report on objective video quality metrics (Q2 2022)
- EBU Production Codecs tests report Apple (Q3 2022)
For more information on related video work, see the overview of all our video work here.