This activity is part of the EBU Video Systems & Workflows group. Goals are to perform subjective & objective evaluations of production codecs, gather test sequences, investigate AI-empowered algorithms and test SD -> HD / HD -> UHD upsampling.
Currently the following deliverables are planned (green indicates the deliverable has already been delivered). Note that deliverables are dependent on enough participation in the work and that the planning is subject to change. New deliverables are added regularly.
- Development of Codecs Testing Management software (Q4 2022-Q4 2023)
- Real-time, Mezzanine Codecs Tests (Q1-Q4 2023)
- Production Codecs implementation tests (Q1-Q4 2023)
- New video test sets creation (Q4 2023)
- EBU Production Codecs tests report Apple (Q4 2023)
- Upressing algorithms benchmarking (Q4 2023)
- Report on objective video quality metrics (Q4 2023)
For more information on related video work, see the Video Systems & Workflows group.