Automated file-based quality control systems help to cope with the large amount of content and the abstract nature of digital files. The QC group currently is especially focussing on the QCing of IMF content.
Currently the following deliverables are planned for QC (besides normal maintenance). Green indicates the deliverable has already been delivered. Note that deliverables are dependent on enough participation in the work and that the planning is subject to change.
- Addition of IMF QC Tests to QC.EBU.IO (Q1 2023)
- Addition of IMF QC Tests to QC.EBU.IO (Q3 2023)
- Continuous development of the QC.EBU.IO platform (Q1-Q4 2023)
- Session on QC at the IABM stage (near hall 8) during IBC 2022 (needs free IABM log-in) (Q3/2022)
- QC.EBU.IO releases 4.8.1 -> 4.23.1 (Q1-Q4 2022)
- QC.EBU.IO releases 4.0.5 -> 4.8.0 (Q2-Q4 2021)
- Quality Control Fact Sheet (Q3 2017)
- Implementation of an API for EBU.IO/QC (Q4 2017)
- EBU.IO/QC release v3.0 (Q4 2017)
- Exchange of UHD / HDR test files (XAVC) to verify metadata settings (since Q4 2017)*
* To have access to the files, EBU Members need to first join the Video Systems Group.
The topic of Quality Control is part of the EBU's Production Strategic Programme.
- Our QC group helps optimise the use of automated Quality Control systems by maintaining a database of QC Tests, their key parameters, examples and related test material.
- The EBU.IO/QC tool provides access to hundreds of QC Test Items, each with a detailed description of a test that can be performed on audio/visual material.
- A public API is available for automated access to the EBU.IO/QC collection. Users can also create sets of QC Items in Templates using the web GUI.
If you are interested in Quality Control, join our group on this topic and participate in the discussions.