The EBU and its members have been active in the metadata domain for many years. The scope of use of metadata evolves permanently as the strategic importance and volume of metadata grow. The Metadata Modelling group is a community of experts and implementers keen to learn and contribute.
Virtual workshop on EBUCorePlus v1.0 with in-depth tutorials on the model and tools.
The workshop took place on Tuesday 16 May 2023 15:00-18:00 CEST.
- Meet the editorial committee – the design process
- Understand EBUCorePlus maturity - overview of the ontology
- The design principles and practices – ontology design
- Step into the ontology and example data - the CDK
- Open discussion: How the Metadata Modelling Group can help you with the implementation of EBUCorePlus?
- Publish/release the first version of EBUCorePlus: on GitHub and EBU Website
- Develop/release the EBUCorePlus demonstrator kit to explore/understand the ontology
- Give presentations and tutorials
- maintenance and evolution, improve the domain: Legal and Comercial
- Design EBUCorePlus: merge EBUCore and EBU CCDM and design the .owl model
- EBUCore 1.10 - EBU Tech 3393 (Q2 2020) maintenance and users support
- CCDM 2.2 - EBU Tech 3351 (Q2 2020) maintenance and users support
- Help Members to prepare for the future where metadata will play an essential role.
- Investigate new fields of strategic importance for the broadcasting community: we look at conceptual data models as well as proposing tools.
- Develop specifications and promote innovation, such as semantic technologies.