EuroVOX is a collaborative development project within the EBU membership to create an open ecosystem for transcription and translation.
- Speech-to-text (STT) to help broadcasters build transcriptions from their content (for searching by news/production, easier access);
- Text-to-text Translation (TTT) of news items for improved efficiency and range of sources in news gathering;
- Text-to-speech (TTS) to allow broadcasters to generate spoken audio from in multiple languages;
- Generation and translation of subtitles, to enable easy access to content across languages and abilities;
- Integration with existing broadcaster systems to allow easy automation;
- Use of Open APIs (interfaces) to allow modularity and stimulate a competitive marketplace for engines.