Presentation videos and PDFs are made available to conference participants and employees of EBU Members below. Please log in to see and access the presentations.
The EBU’s FORECAST seminar has been guiding Members through the media distribution puzzle for two decades. The scope of the event has gradually widened from a focus on technical aspects of terrestrial broadcast to a higher-level strategic treatment of media distribution technologies.
On the FORECAST 2018 Agenda
- 5G for broadcasters: what it is, what it might become, and when
- WRC-19 and WRC-23 preparations
- Enhancing linear broadcasting
- Optimizing network planning
- Standardizing linear TV over broadband
- Challenges for broadcasters in OTT – consistent QoE across various platforms and maintaining prominence, eg. on smart speakers
- Current trends in the spectrum debate
- Real spectrum requirements for mobile services
The programme also included an update on current EBU work and future projects.
Live Polls run at FORECAST 2018 give insights into conference participants' views on topics such as 5G.