Quality Control (QC)
Broadcasters moving to file-based production facilities have to consider how to use automated QC systems. Manual quality control is simply not adequate anymore and it does not scale.
QC is key!
The EBU recognised QC as a key topic for the media industry in 2010. In 2011 it started an EBU Strategic Programme on Quality Control, with the aim to collect requirements, experiences and to create recommendations for broadcasters implementing file-based QC in their facilities. If you are interested in this topic, you can join the EBU Strategic Programme on QC. The EBU Strategic Programme (SP) on QC is chaired by BBC's Andy Quested, Friedrich Gierlinger (IRT) and Roman Meszmer (ORF).
Material you can download
- Go to EBU.IO/QC for details on all QC Test Items currently defined.
- See this 'periodic table' for an overview of all EBU QC Test Items defined (status IBC 2014).
- QC test sequences are available for active group participants .
- Download the EBU QC factsheet.
- Quality Control for file-based content at Yle
- Lessons learned during the NRK's "Programme Bank" project
- Automated industrial digitization of Betacam tapes (RAI)
- QC - and longterm archiving experience (ORF)
EBU Members and event participants can download/watch the presentations from the following events:
- EBU Archives Workshop 2014 (incl. QC)
- EBU QC Workshop 2011
- EBU Production Technology Seminar 2012
- EBU QC Workshop 2012
- EBU Production Technology Seminar 2013
More information on the EBU's QC work can be obtained via: Frans de Jong (EBU)