The December 2023 issue of tech-i magazine looks at some of the many ways in which EBU Members are leveraging AI technologies to benefit audiences, including reports on projects at ORF (Austria), EO/NPO (Netherlands) and Czech Radio (p.8–9). Also featured are the recent EBU Hackjam on generative AI (p.6), the vera.ai project using AI to tackle disinformation (p.7) and some insights from a new EBU report on PSM and AI (p.18).
In his editorial (p.3) , EBU Director of Technology & Innovation Antonio Arcidicono argues that media distribution infrastructure should be seen as having the same importance as infrastructure for electricity and water:
"(T)he services provided by EBU Members – and especially their news and information services – must be considered as critical for society in times of crisis. And this means prioritizing resilience and business continuity and developing appropriate strategies."
He presents a vision for infrastructure that is Multilayer, Anywhere, Resilient and Sustainble – the 'MARS' approach.
Elsewhere in tech-i 58
- A year of supporting PSM in creating engaging and trusted content – Looking back at some of the technology-related EBU highlights in 2023
- France Télévisions pioneering free-to-air UHD in France – The Paris Olympics 2024 provide the backdrop for the launch of new services on DTT
- RTVE takes DTT to the next level with UHD launch – UHD services on digital terrestrial television will also launch in Spain
- New test chart to help SDR viewers benefit from HDR production – NRK’s Thomas Berglund explains why and how he created the chart
- Sustainability Matters: Giving old lenses a new lease of life – A cost-effective and sustainable solution from Sweden’s SVT
- In my opinion: Why TEMS is worth a closer look – Véronique Demilly, of France Télévisions, explains why this new European project is so important for media companies
- Partner Profile: Deutsche TV-Plattform – CEO Andre Prahl sets out the German organization’s priorities
- In the spotlight: Kazim Pektaş – Chief Engineer for Studio Planning and Programme Transmission Systems at TRT and EBU Technical Committee member