Six core values formed the red line of the event:
1. Public value: how to make archives more public and visible?
2. Commercial value: how to exploit new marketplaces and develop merchandising skills?
3. Educational value: in what ways can archives enable people to learn?
4. Social & community value: how to encourage participation?
5. Production value: how can digital archives help efficient programme production?
6. Cultural value: digital longevity and its challenges.
A participant taking a look at videotape content in the heart of the facility ►
A Beeld en Geluid guide explains the construction of the building and content vaults ►
Speakers from the archival, broadcasting, commercial and educational community presented their views, experiences and expert knowledge on the various ways to exploit and use these values of audiovisual collections. Seminar facilitator Menno Helmus, a well-known dutch television host, created a lively, interactive atmosphere in which the participants felt comfortable to exchange their views.