LIST is a collaboratively developed suite of software tools that helps to inspect, measure, and visualize the state of IP-based networks and the high-bitrate media traffic they carry.
Allows the user to:
- evaluate the utilization of a given network
- measure the impact of new equipment connected to the network
- pinpoint problems in an IP-based live production facility
- Media Transit: This method measures the evolution of a media content through a processing unit by comparing the input multicast stream with the newly generated multicast at the output. The result is the transit delay and the transparency (the unit is transparent if the media is NOT altered during the processing/transit).
- Differential Media Transit: This method compares 2 media streams derived from the same initial stream. The implementation and results are the same as "Media transit".
- Network redundancy: This method checks the output of an equipment with a redundant interface and reports ressemblance statistics.
- Audio-to-Video Sync: This measurement is a manual operation that lets the user visualize the decoded frames and audio waveform side by side and place time makers on each. The delay is computed in both network domain (packet capture timestamps) and media domain (RTP timestamps).
All versions of this publication
- Adds support for SMPTE ST 2110-22 with Jpeg X
- Complies with SMPTE RP 2110-25
up to v2.0
- Supports SMPTE RP 2110-25; SMPTE ST 2110-20, -21, -30, -40; SMPTE 2059