Out of all the types of media, Radio is quite possibly the one that confronts professionals with the greatest degree of disruption, the greatest variety of challenges, but also the greatest number of opportunities to be seized. The next installation of our annual Digital Radio Summit (17 February) will once again tune into the cross-over point between traditional linear radio experiences and the potential for reach, enrichment and personalization offered by digital radio technology, hybrid radio, in-car entertainment systems and other app-based listening environments.
Due to the current travel restrictions, the 2021 event is held fully virtually – but as always, we plan for an informative and interactive day. Visit the DRS 2021 event page to view the programme and to register.
Employees of most public service media in Europe, Russia the Middle East, Japan, Canada Australia and others can join for free!
Three keynote speakers will be setting the scene for the day:
- Natacha Mercure has been with CBC/Radio-Canada for 21 years. She has worked in creative and technology development roles as well as in project management, R&D, content strategy, and user experience. Since February 2019, she has overseen strategy and development for audio and digital content (including podcasts and audiobooks) for French Services Radio.
- Pascale Lacroix-Vézina is Digital Strategist at CBC/Radio-Canada. She is working for audio and video entertainment products. With 10 years experience is strategic planning and product development, she is always looking for innovative and meaningful ways to connect users with brands.
- John Vermeer is the Executive Vice President of Digital Distribution & Platform Partnerships for iHeartMedia where he oversees technology partnerships, content distribution relationships and new business initiatives with strategic enterprise partners ranging from AI/Voice and OTT platforms to automotive interfaces and everything in between.
Also on the agenda:
- Updates and strategic insights from around the world
- Radio France's content strategy for the Connected Car
- Mobile Application innovations: creating recommendations from live radio and moving beyond linear
- A special session on different paths to Digital Radio within Nordic Countries
- How Digital Radio Mondiale is pushing some new Digital Radio frontiers
- The latest news from Radioplayer
- A panel session on the NAB Pilot Connected Car project