Participants at this year’s Production Technology Seminar at the EBU will have the opportunity to get hands-on and learn from experts during our tutorial and demo sessions. Feedback from previous years has shown us that these sessions are of high value and demand for participants. In response to this, we have developed what we think will be key topics to discuss in 2015.
Keeping with the theme for PTS 2015, “Producing smarter,” tutorial sessions for this year will be:
• Best practice for low cost radio production,
• Best practice for low cost TV production,
• Investigating object-based production and delivery with a multidimensional radio feature,
• Creating services and applications using FIMS standards,
• Elements of a network architecture.
In addition to these tutorials, PTS will show some unique technology demonstrations during the networking breaks, including:
• Demonstrations to show the UHDTV BT. 2020 colour space,
• High dynamic range and high frame rate, including HDR in an end-to-end chain,
• An online platform offering interactive and personalized storytelling with video,
• A proxy-based workflow,
• Data visualization – sports and big data,
• Object-oriented audio,
• MPEG-H audio.
With only a week to go, our seminar seats are almost gone! As there is limited space in the conference room, those planning to attend are recommended to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.