The EBU has, once again, participated in the annual IBC conference and exhibition, with demonstrations, presentations, networking opportunities and a conference session.
Our presence at Europe's biggest media technology event helps to ensure that public service media and the EBU are at the forefront of technology and innovation.
In addition to a series of cutting-edge technology demonstrations, we also had a showcase from Eurovision Media Services and a number of topic-focused meetups at the stand, and made a range of contributions to the official conference programme.
- NXG Project remote radio production from Swedish Radio
- EBU Flow multi-CDN solution
- FIMS semantic data and FIMS in the cloud
- EBU PEACH personalization system
- Ultra HD Forum's ultra-high-definition television standard
- Hybrid Log-Gamma encoding for backwards-compatible HDR video
- Orpheus Project end-to-end object-based audio
- .radio internet domains for broadcaster, radio-related companies and individuals
Events at the stand
Open Source Meet-up – 16 September, 16:00
IMF Meet-up – 16 September, 17:45 - 18:30
MediaRoad Project Meet-up – 18 September, 15:00 - 16:00
Networking Drinks and Snacks – 18 September, 17:00
Building Future Broadcast Centres – Bricks, Bytes and Behaviours
Saturday 16 September, 15:15-18:00, Emerald Room
Our session at IBC Conference gives insight into the strategic thinking and the lessons learned of several public broadcasters who have recently completed, or plan to build, new cutting-edge broadcast centres and large-scale infrastructure projects. A common theme among these projects is the focus on IP technology in production, both for live and pre-produced content, and the use of cloud technologies. Speakers will also discuss new workflows and the organizational and people challenges that have to be overcome in order to build these media factories of the future.
- Andreas Fleuter – Manager Special Projects, BCE Luxembourg
- Francois Vaillant – Executive Director Engineering Solutions, CBC/Radio-Canada
- Geert De Preter – Program Director New Building, VRT Belgium
- Mark Patrick – Senior Project Manager, BBC United Kingdom
- Markus Ostertag – Engineer, Südwestrundfunk Germany
- Sandro Furter – Project Manager, TPC Switzerland AG Switzerland