BroadThinking is the online event for online video specialists. The 2021 programme will provide a full overview of all relevant technical innovations with regard to their applicability in PSM’s online video services.
EBU BroadThinking 2021 is a two-day online event covering topics that are relevant to video specialists who are working on broadcasters' online services. The event provides a mix of EBU Members' experience and industry specialists sharing relevant insights. The programme intends to provide a full overview of all relevant technical and delivery related topics. The first day focusses on applications and platforms, whilst the second day concentrates more on convergence and delivery.
On the BroadThinking 2021 agenda
- Platform Gateways: A review of market developments relevant for PSM
- OTT-platforms trends within and outside the EBU Membership
- Content segmentation: Towards modularity and findability
- Using real-time speech-to-text to create recommendations on the fly
- The state of art of HbbTV services
- What can DVB-I add to HbbTV: a first implementation
- Zattoo’s implementation of HbbTV on AndroidTV
- Connected car strategies and head-end-capabilities
- Content protection using multiple encryption schemes
- Sustainability of online services
- Access Services in the online domain
- Unlocking 5G potential for media industry
- 5G Media Streaming architecture explained
- Low Latency and HESP in multi-CDN
- Backhauling using satellite to complement CDNs
- The potential of WebRTC to become the next protocol for OTT services
- DVB-I, the new specification for broadcasters’ online services
- Codec developments for online distribution
- Regulation developments and impact for broadcasters
Also included Panel discussions with platform providers on capabilities of browsers/applications and EBU Members on the state of play of their OTT services.
For those that cannot wait for the event to start we have gathered some interesting reports for inspiration. They will form the basis of the 2 interactive presentations during the first day and set the scene of the panel discussions during the event.
- Future models for the delivery of public service broadcasting (Mediatique)
- Connected TV gateways: review of market dynamics (Mediatique)
- Members only: The power of sign-in (EBU Media Intelligence Service)
- Members only: SVOD Market Trends (EBU Media Intelligence Service)
- Members only: Devices and Connectivity (EBU Media Intelligence Service)
BroadThinking was one of the first events to move the fully online at the start of the COVID-19 crisis in 2020. It was a big success and we have received good feedback indicating there is even more appetite for relevant information when everybody is working from home. This year we aim to make the experience even better and include possibilities for you to engage with your peers in better ways than a normal webinar allows.