Two recent EBU reports conclude that a 5G Broadcast system could be safely introduced alongside existing DTT in the contested UHF band, and that existing broadcast towers could be used to significantly enhance the coverage and minimise the cost of roll-out of this new technology.
This webinar explains those findings and gives the wider industry an opportunity to ask questions.
- 5G Broadcast and DTT sharing of UHF band and broadcast infrastructure possible, EBU reports find
- EBU TR 063: 5G Broadcast Network Planning and Evaluation
- EBU TR 064: Compatibility between 5G Broadcast and other DTT systems in the sub-700 MHz band
- Introduction – Peter MacAvock (EBU)
- Main conclusions from reports and how the conclusions are unusual – Walid Sami (EBU)
- Observations on 5G-Broadcast and DTT co-existence – Elena Puigrefagut (EBU)