Technical committee 2014-2016
Our Technical Committee is responsible for managing the EBU’s technical activities. They oversee the development of the annual workplan and approve the creation of strategic programmes (also appointing their Chairs and Vice-chairs). They also approve all recommendations, positions and policies developed by the Technology & Innovation Team for publication and external distribution.
Members of the Technical Committee (13 in total) are appointed by the Technical Assembly and serve a two-year term.
- Egon Verharen (NPO, The Netherlands), Chair
- Klaus Illgner-Fehns (ARD/ZDF-IRT, Germany), 1st Vice-chair
- Andy Bower (BBC, UK), 2nd Vice-chair
- Gino Alberico (RAI, Italy)
- Per Bjorkman (SVT, Sweden)
- Dieter Boen (VRT, Belgium)
- Alain Danré (FT, France)
- Galina Fedorova (RTR, Russia)
- Carlos Gomes (RTP, Portugal)
- Grigoris Maliotis (CyBC, Cyprus)
- Thomas Saner (SSR SRG, Switzerland)
- Petr Vitek (CT, Czech Republic)
- Wieslaw Lodzikowski (TVP, Poland)