The programme for the Open Media Devroom at FOSDEM 2016 has been published. A series of expert speakers will present the latest on tools that help you create, transform and distribute media to a wide variety of platforms.
Examples of talks that are especially relevant to broadcasters, are:
- Cloud transcoding using FFMPEG and Mediainfo, to optimise the transcoding of videos for different devices;
- Synchronised multi-device media playback with GStreamer, e.g. to build videowalls;
- What’s new in VLC and livBLC, the must-see update from the Jean-Baptiste Kempf;
- Adding subtitles to the dash.js reference player, Solène Buet presents her work on adding EBU-TT-D support.
- MediaConch; tools for testing the conformance of audiovisual files and to fix metadata in audiovisual files;
- Broadcast-to-IP conversion, or how to convert incoming DTT signals to WiFi for Android and iOS devices.
- Building a wireless camera out of off-the shelf components;
- Over the air audio identification, an overview on how it works and what open source tools are available;
- Nageru, an open source M/E video mixer capable of high-quality output on modest hardware.
When & where
The FOSDEM Open Media Devroom is held on Saturday 30 January 2016 from 10:30 hrs at the ULB Solbosch Campus in Brussels. Entrance is free, no registration is required. But be in time, as seats in the room are limited!