LIST is a collaboratively developed suite of software tools that helps to inspect, measure, and visualize the state of IP-based networks and the high-bitrate media traffic they carry. These are crucial functions in environments that deliver production capacities based on flexible and scalable IP-based infrastructures.
The new v2.2 features support for new standards and recommendations such as SMPTE ST 2110-22 with Jpeg X and complies with SMPTE RP 2110-25.
The Live IP Software Toolkit allows the user to:
- evaluate the utilization of a given network
- measure the impact of new equipment connected to the network
- pinpoint problems in an IP-based live production facility
The software is written in such a way that it can easily be extended to support other future standards and specifications.
- SMPTE ST 2110-22 with Jpeg X
- SMPTE RP 2110-25
- SMPTE ST 2110-20, -21, -30, -40
- SMPTE 2059
- Media Transit: This method measures the evolution of a media content through a processing unit by comparing the input multicast stream with the newly generated multicast at the output. The result is the transit delay and the transparency (the unit is transparent if the media is NOT altered during the processing/transit).
- Differential Media Transit: This method compares 2 media streams derived from the same initial stream. The implementation and results are the same as "Media transit".
- Network redundancy: This method checks the output of an equipment with a redundant interface and reports ressemblance statistics.
- Audio-to-Video Sync: This measurement is a manual operation that lets the user visualize the decoded frames and audio waveform side by side and place time makers on each. The delay is computed in both network domain (packet capture timestamps) and media domain (RTP timestamps).
Where to learn more about LIST
- News: New Live IP Software Toolkit (LIST) supports latest IP specs
The art of conforming to the SMPTE 2110-21 traffic model – presentation