LIST is the result of a collaborative development to create a suite of software tools that help to inspect, measure and visualize the state of IP-based networks and the high-bitrate media traffic they carry. These are crucial functions in environments that deliver production capacities based on flexible and scalable IP-based infrastructures.
The Live IP Software Toolkit allows the user to:
- evaluate the utilization of a given network
- measure the impact of new equipment connected to the network
- pinpoint problems in an IP-based live production facility
LIST can decode network streams and can be used to inspect basic and deep level network properties. It already supports the SMPTE 2110-20, -21, -30, -40 and SMPTE 2059 standards. The software is written in such a way that it can easily be extended to support other future standards and specifications.
How to get it
The Live IP Software Toolkit (offline analysis version) is freely available.
- Source Code: The source code can be downloaded from the EBU Github page for LIST.
- Docker: If you want to run it on your own infrastructure without compiling the code, click here.
- Dematerialized: Or you can take a look at our "dematerialized" version by clicking here.