Joint Task Force on Networked Media
Building future production environments based solely on IT infrastructures and packet networks (Ethernet, IP) is a great opportunity for broadcasters to offer new ways to produce content.
How can EBU T&I help?
Our Joint Task Force on Networked Media helps stimulate new business opportunities for broadcasters using IT-based technology. We do so by joining forces with the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and the Video Services Forum (VSF) and the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) - added in phase 3 - to provide a joint effort to make it easier to build professional media infrastructures by promoting interoperability between IT-based media components, and helping the industry to develop a shared understanding about how to describe these systems. JT-NM Phase 3 was annouced in April 2016 to offer the industry a platform for coordinating the efforts in open intereoprability work.
Guidance & tools
- Vision and mission
- Gap analysis report (Phase 1 - December 2013)
- Minimum Viable System (MVS) Requirements Report (Phase 2 - March 2015)
- Reference Architecture v1.0 (Phase 2 - Semptember 2015)
- Joint Task Force announces Phase 3 to coordinate networked media industry efforts (April 2016)
- JT-NM publishes Networked Media Reference Architecture (September 2015)
- JT-NM Releases Significant Report on Live Production (April 2015)
- Industry works on a common understanding of future networked media (March 2015)
- JT-NM Interim Report seeking feedback (January 2015)
- New report towards a reference architecture for networked media (September 2014)
- Joint Task Force kicks off media reference architecture work (May 2014)
- No let up in pace for Joint Task Force as phase II beckons (February 2014)
- Eagerly anticipated gap analysis report published for Joint Task Force (December 2013)
- Joint Task Force: Request for technology takes place (August 2013)
- Joint Task Force seeks user stories (June 2013)
- Call for participation in networked media task force (April 2013)
- EBU, SMPTE and VSF form joint task force on networked media (April 2013)