EBU Tech 3373 defines a test pattern for use in creating UHDTV video signals.
This pattern includes tests for:
- UHDTV to HDTV conversion
- Measuring luminance response
- Visualizing saturation and hue shifts caused by monitoring equipment
- Checking correct installation of SMPTE ST 425‑5:2019 (Quad 3G‑SDI 2 sample Interleaving) equipment
- Checking near‑black performance
The test pattern can be used to:
- Ensure correct settings are applied in hardware
- Highlight errors in transmission chains
- Ensure that transforms from ITU‑R BT.2100 HLG to ITU‑R BT.709 are correct
This pattern should NOT be used for setting the brightness control of a reference monitor.