The scope of the Strategic Programme on Infrastructures & Security covers Radio, TV and other media services. It comprises the development and evolution of infrastructure technologies to enable live and non-live media production workflows in broadcast facilities and in remote/interfacility conditions. It also includes media cybersecurity aspects of infrastructure technologies.
- Enable transition to IP to increase efficiency, reduce costs and provide scalability and flexibility in programme production
- Enable transition to cloud-based production (on-premise and public) to increase efficiency, reduce costs and provide scalability and flexibility in programme production
- Investigate and assess production connectivity (5G – in collaboration with SP Distribution – satellite, SRT, RIST, etc.)
- Influence the standardization of new infrastructure technologies in line with the requirements of EBU Members, perform interoperability testing and associated development
- Establish security strategies and best practices in media cybersecurity
The detailed list of deliverables of this Strategic Programme will be planned in summer 2019, with the start of the 2019-2021 workplan.
- Hybrid & Cloud-based Production
- Media Cybersecurity
- System Design & Interoperability
- Automation & Provisioning