The EBU and its members have been active in the metadata domain for many years. The scope of use of metadata evolves permanently as the strategic importance and volume of metadata grow. The MIM-MM project is a community of experts and implementers keen to learn and contribute.
How can EBU T&I help?
Our Project Group on Metadata Models helps Members to prepare for the future where metadata will play an essential role. We do so by investigating new fields of strategic importance for the broadcasting community. We look at conceptual data models, XML schemas and associated solutions, as well as proposing tools. We also develop specifications and promote innovation, such as semantic technologies.
Guidance & tools
- Tech 3293: EBUCore metadata set
- tech 3285: A format for audio data files in broadcasting
- Tech 3336: EBU Classification schemes
- Tech 3340: egtaMETA set for ads exchange
- Tech 3349: Acquisition metadata
- Tech 3351: Class Conceptual Data Model (CCDM)
- Tech 3352: Identifiers in BWF (inc. ISRC)
- Tech 3364: Audio Data Model (ADM)
- TR 030 - Rights management report
- tech-i_012 - EBUCore
- tech-i_017 - Semantic Web overview
- EBUCore Implementers and references