||This Program deals with the issues related to the radio spectrum management & regulation that are relevant for the EBU members.|
The tasks of the Strategic Programme on Spectrum Management and Regulation are:
1. To define EBU’s positions on spectrum management and regulation from a long term strategic point of view.
2. To identify, formulate and then represent EBU members’ interest in relevant regulatory bodies and at influential occasions.
3. To organise and supervise EBU collective activities in spectrum management, including:
- Preparations for WRC-15, in particular the co-primary allocation of the 700 MHz band to the mobile service, which is likely to impact on broadcasters plans for their DTT services,
- ITU, CEPT and EU positions and representation,
- Contribution to informal broadcaster coordination at ITU & CEPT meetings,
- PMSE, White spaces, PLT, UHF band interference studies and actions,
- Digital broadcast planning and interference characteristics.
4. To provide strategic advice and contributions as requested to the EBU Public Affairs and Communications and Legal Departments in relation to spectrum management and regulation.
5. To organize events (workshops, seminars, etc.) in order to inform and consult with Members and other relevant parties on specific topics.