This Group works to provide a specification for descriptive and technical metadata, for use in acquisition devices (e.g. camera metadata).
Acquisition Metadata is a project of the MIM Strategic Programme with a focus on metadata. Its work has been divided in three phases:
- Phase 1 - requirements for acquisition metadata
- Phase 2 - idenitification of a common core set of metadata for e.g. tape-less camcorders
- Phase 3 - use of the core metadata set in file-based production and FIMS
- Deliverable 1: requirements (completed)
- Deliverable 2: common core set published as Tech Doc 3349 - subject to maintenance and updates
- Deliverable 3: guidelines for use of the common core set in FIMS (acquisition/ingest service)