|The developer network organises regular workshops to the attention of metadata architects and implementers.|
a) collect and share best development practises from EBU members who have advanced approaches at metadata management;
b) provide software tools, hints and examples for easier implementation of best known metadata formats / standards;
c) organise (virtual or physical) meetings, seminars, workshops in which to explore and discuss new technological trends and the latest developments in metadata with key experts;
d) set up a forum on broadcast metadata with discussion fora for exchange between implementers (where to put "how did/would you implement...?"-like questions), events advertising, tech-news.
e) provide functional and requirement analysis of existing products w.r.t. metadata support.
f) develop metadata implementation guidelines for relevant EBU projects (e.g., HIPS-META)
Following there are some examples of field of expertise that will be the core of this new group:
- how to develop web services to access metadata repositories
- how to develop metadata supporting tools and services for EBU metadata standards
- how to implement TV-Anytime features
- how to map legacy/internal schemas to EBUCore
- how to implement metadata into MXF
- how to combine BXF and egtaMETA
- access to test material for automatic metadata extraction
- how to develop efficient automated metadata extraction tools
- EBUCore XML and RDF/OWL samples
- Eurovision NewsML-G2 samples, etc.
- proprietary metadata schemas and/or instances
- use of a data dictionary to enhance a core standard like EBUCore