This project group covers electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) issues affecting the broadcasting services
The Tasks of the project group are:
1. To monitor the EMC implications to broadcasters (LF/MF/HF, VHF, UHF; AM, FM, DAB, DVB, DRM) of technical developments, including:
- Power line transmissions (PLT)
- Smart Grid, Smart metering using PLT
- Energy-saving lighting systems
- ETSI Standardisation of broadcast related matters
- EC EMC Directive
- Ultra Wide Band Devices (UWBD)
- RF Identification Devices (RFID)
- Short Range Devices (SRD)
2. When the need for a particular study is identified, to perform an assessment of the opportunity and an identification of possible outsourcing to carry out the actions.
3. To raise EBU concerns and interests to relevant bodies, including the European Commission.