||Examining the issues facing broadcasters using broadband distribution networks|
The core activity of BBN is media delivery on the Internet. The group concentrates on the backend of media delivery over IP networks.
- Definition of free-to-air vs. managed broadband services
- Investigate issues on Network Neutrality
- Migration installations to IPv6 and exploiting the opportunites afforded
- Evaluate Broadband distribution technologies like: adpative streaming, DASH, RTSP, RTMP, RTP, UDP, HTTP
- Understanding the opportunities of advanced network topologies to increase the QoS and reduce the costs, e.g. P2P, advanced CDNs, multicasting
- Exchange of experiences and potentially code, i.e. FFMPEG, Network monitoring, etc.
- Specify end-to-end QoS in home network scenarios including both DVB-HN and DLNA devices
For more information visit the BBN workspace